Thursday, October 06, 2005

...to sum it all up. -JVM

5000,2761, hundreds,15, 9, 3, 1.

What do these numbers mean? Miles in the air, miles in the van, towns(burghs, boroughs, townships) with cemeteries we saw,days we were gone, states whose air we breathed, lives that will never be the same, vacation that will always be remembered...respectively.

See why it might be difficult to point to any one thing as a highlight? Instead of just one, I'll give you a few of my favorites...the glimpses of backwater America, the text messages and phone calls to my kids and friends, feeling like a little kid at Fenway, playing catch with my brothers in the hotel parking lot in downtown D.C., still knowing what awe feels like, New York City (see previous remark), Cooperstown, and last but certainly not least, having a relationship with my brothers that allowed for alot of laughter and possibly opened the door to deeper things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home