Friday, September 30, 2005

From the Park to THE City-JVM

These past few days have been a whirlwind. After spending the better part of a week winding down seemingly endless backroads, we found our way into Boston on Wednesday. It was a spectacular, sunny day. The Redsox were due to play a game against the Toronto Blue Jays. Now normally that last sentence wouldn't have mattered, but it's make-or-break time for the Sox. The much-hated Yankees are neck and neck with them down the stretch towards the playoffs. One win or loss means you could be done for the season. So, all of beantown was buzzing...and NO! not because of the beans, because the season was hanging in the balance. With all that in the backdrop, in walk three baseball fans to see Fenway Park. I wish I could explain to you how fun that was! We took the tour where they take you inside the park and let you sit in the press box, sit in the seats atop the 'green monster', meander your way through the stadium and soak it in. I loved it!

Next came New York City. I know I'm going to sound like a country bumpkin when I say this, but I'm going to say it anyway...it was awe inspiring. As we exited Central Station we couldn't help be feel at home...it was raining! New Yorkers may be tough and all that but, come on, why all the umbrellas?? It's just water. Okay, so maybe it IS toxic but they're supposed to be tough. The massive flow of people was invigorating and fun to watch, as well as be a part of. Ground Zero was a bit weird for me. I mean, it was sort of eerie that here was this huge hole in the ground as evidence that things would never be the same-while all around it was 'business as usual'. Interesting.

I could write much more but we're off to Providence ("the one in Rhode Island"....quick, who said that?) Besides, I don't want to be a blog hogger.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work guys. I'll bet it was cool/sobering at Ground Z. I am envious. Mark

Friday, September 30, 2005 3:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He guys, pics are great, but being single, I would appreciate at least one pretty girl. and ditto what Mark said.

Friday, September 30, 2005 8:37:00 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

The Eagles!!!
"The Last Resort"
Give me a tough one. :)

Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad, Yankees win pennant but red sox get wild card today.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 1:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from Jansen, by the way.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 1:39:00 PM  
Blogger micdundill said...

Hi Pete. I used to work at a Halfway house in Mansfield,Ohio named Vander Meulen - just wondered if any relation? micdundill

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 12:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home